Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 13

Last seminar of TWC this week, also the week we finally got the chance to present on Technology and Terrorism.

Initially, I thought our web report was not bad. It covered the main points we wanted to cover (we didn't want the scope to be too wide, cause that would mean we would not be able to go very in depth into a certain topic). However, after the presentation, Dr. Shahi asked us quite a few questions, such as why we didn't include certain topics. Well, my answer to that is above. We didn't want to be too general. So we zoomed in on traditional terrorism (meaning guns and bombs), and researched on that. Hence we didn't get the chance to research on cyber terrorism etc.

It isn't that we were too lazy, but we genuinely thought that our scope was specific enough. Alas, Dr. Shahi didn't seem too impressed and I must say I was rather disappointed. But oh well, I suppose we all have different expectations! I just hope that we won't be penalized because our scope was too specific and we didn't really touch on other issues that Dr. Shahi had in mind.

The other groups who presented this week also did pretty well. I was left with a deep impression on the group which did on beauty. I suppose this goes to show that choosing a correct topic is very important. While I think that terrorism is interesting, I must say that I wish we had chosen something like Beauty cause that is a topic which would actually attract people's attention. Terrorism seemed very boring, was it? Cause I noticed that majority of the people weren't really paying attention. :( Maybe it was because we were the last group and people were getting restless already.

All in all, I really enjoyed myself in this TWC. The 13 weeks seem to have passed in a flash, and I have also submitted my individual report already. I spent really long on it, because I'm assuming we aren't exactly going to score well for the group report, based on Dr. Shahi's comments. I understand that he wants us to improve, and I'm grateful for his comments. :) I made a bunch of good friends during this course, and of course, I learnt a lot more about how technology has really changed the world we live in today. And I'm excited to see what technology would do to our future, based on everything that we have covered in the last few seminars! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment