Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 12

Yesterday we had 4 groups presenting.

Personally, I liked the 3rd group's website. I found it really professional, and it was easy to navigate. The layout of the other groups' websites were also good though.

However, about engaging the rest of us, I think the 4th group did the best, they showed a lot of videos which they did themselves, which was entertaining, instead of a mere commentary on the websites as done by the rest of the groups. Furthermore, they included a roleplay at the beginning, which really captured my attention from the start.

A couple of things I remember from the presentation:

1. The group which did on photograhy mentioned quite a bit about the future of photography, such as 3D printing. I find 3D printing fascinating, cause it seems to mean that there would be no point shopping in future. You merely need to look for a picture of the item, print it, and voila!

2. The group which did on food talked about the bubblegum which would contain an entire meal. In my opinion, I wouldn't like an innovation like that! The joy of chewing and savouring my meal would be lost in one tiny piece of bubblegum/pill.

3. The last group which talked about commerce. They suggested that shopping in future would be instant, and we would even be able to buy things off the television simply by clicking on the advertisement. When I first heard about that, the first thought that came to my mind was "That is going to cause a lot of impulsive buying." Furthermore, the joy of shopping leisurely is lost! I personally prefer to shop at malls, run my hands through the clothes, and take my time choosing. I certainly would not like buying something based on its appearance on the tv. That would probably also explain why I don't really do online shopping. How would you know that particular item fits? You wouldn't know for sure unless you try it on, and you wouldn't be able to do that unless you went down to the shop!

Next week would be my group's turn to present. Pretty nerve-wrecking, I must say. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment